Agdor Montreal Felling Axe
The Agdor 28 Montreal Felling Axe is intended for bringing down or cutting up small to larger sized trees.
Useful for more than cutting down trees, the 2.5-pound Montreal pattern axe head features wide cheeks for splitting with a long blade that chops deep cuts, paired with a curved 28-inch American hickory handle. Painted Agdor blue and expertly hand forged from premium Swedish steel. Accompanied by a leather sheath in Waynesville, N.C.The Agdor 28 Montreal Felling Axe is also popular in the growing sport of axe throwing. When an axe-throwing match ends in a tied score, the “big axe,” or felling axe, is used to break the tie and determine the winner. The 28-inch Agdor meets league requirements for size, weight and materials, and also provides a durable, customizable axe for serious throwers looking to up their game.
A great all-around camp or expedition axe that offers outstanding balance and high-quality materials at an excellent price. The Agdor 28 features a curved 28-inch American hickory handle paired with a 2.5 lb. Montreal pattern axe head.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Solid Swedish Steel & American Hickory
- Weight (lbs): 3.8
- Head Weight (lbs): 2.5
- Handle Length: 28″