The Scrubba Wash Bag
Weighing less than 5 oz., the Scrubba Wash Bag is the lightest and most compact washing machine in the world. Its a packing essential for all travellers and campers who want to: pack lighter and cleaner, wash clothes anywhere, save money, and enjoy travel.
Features & Benefits
- Wash clothes wherever and whenever you want for free with this ultra portable washing machine
- A modern take on the old fashioned washboard: hundreds of internal Scrubba nodules that efficiently clean your clothes in minutes
- Machine quality wash
- Microbial and hydrolysis resistant polyether TPU
- Lightest washing machine in the world at only 5 oz.
- Folds down to pocket-size and is small enough to take anywhere
- Grip circles on the outside prevent sliding on surfaces when washing
- Transparent window to see washing and filling levels
- Picture instructions printed right on the outside of the bag
- Valve to release air
- Saves you money and time doing laundry while travelling
- Great for business trips, outdoor adventures, backpacking adventures, boats, emergency prep, or even for those without a laundry machine at home wanting to wash a few articles or delicates
- Volume of the bag is 3 gallons, but optimal washing volume is 1 gallon when filled with clothes and water
- Doubles as a dry-bag
Using Your Scrubba Wash Bag
- The key to the Scrubba Wash Bag is the flexible internal washboard. These 6 simple steps are all it takes to have clean clothes on the go:
- 1) FILL IT: Add water, cleaning liquid and clothes to the Scrubba Wash Bag (20-40% volume).
- 2) ROLL & CLIP: Roll down top at least 4-5 times and clip ends (like you would with a dry bag).
- 3) DEFLATE: Open and squeeze valve to expel air from the Scrubba Wash Bag.
- 4) RUB: Press down and rub clothes against the Scrubba Wash Bags unique internal flexible washboard for 30 seconds for a quick traveler wash, or for 3 minutes for a machine quality wash. For delicates, press and rub gently.
- 5) RINSE: Unclip and unroll the Scrubba Wash Bags seal. Pour out water. Rinse clothes with fresh water in the Scrubba Wash Bag or under a running tap or shower.
- 6) DRY: Hang dry clothes on a clothesline, pat dry with a towel, or get creative (hang on a bed post, over a chair, on a hanger, in a tree)!
Care & Maintenance
- Your Scrubba Wash Bag will last much longer if you look after it. Follow these steps to maximize the lifespan of your Scrubba:
- Rinse, invert and dry after each use. While the Scrubba Wash Bag uses microbial and hydrolysis resistant polyether TPU, air drying the inside of the bag will help it last longer and make it more hygienic.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or heat: exposure to temperatures over 50 degrees Celsius can damage the inner and outer coatings of the bag. Where possible, dry the bag in the shade (it doesn't take long).
- Take care when washing clothes with zips, buckles or other hard features: Wrapping the clothes to cover zippers, buckles or other hard features can minimize damage to the Scrubba Wash Bag.
- Avoid sharp or abrasive surfaces: While the Scrubba Wash Bag is designed to tackle rough terrain, where possible select the least abrasive surface available when washing clothes. As with all waterproof products, also try to avoid twigs, rocks and other objects to avoid puncture.
- Weight: 5 oz.
- Dimensions: 21.3 x 12.6 inches when laid flat, 6.3 x 2.4 x 2.4 inches (when rolled for storage)
- Key Feature: Worlds lightest and most portable laundry wash bag