The LifeStraw Steel personal water filter builds upon the ingenuity intrinsic to the original LifeStraw personal water filter with a durable, sleek steel exterior and 2-stage water filtration process. Now, in addition to the hollow fiber membrane (filtering out virtually all bacteria and protozoa), the LifeStraw Steel water filter has the additional benefit of an activated carbon capsule which reduces chemicals such as chlorine while reducing organic compounds (including pesticides and herbicides), odor and bad taste.
Features & Benefits
- Removes 99.9999% of bacteria (E. coli, etc.)
- Removes 99.9% of protozoa (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.)
- Reduces chlorine
- Reduces bad odor and taste
- Reduces organic chemical matter (Pesticides, Herbicides, VOC)
- Lifetime of 1,000 liters (264 gallons) for the hollow fiber membrane
- Lifetime of 100 liters (26 gallons) for the replaceable carbon capsule
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate; no after taste (because no iodine or chlorine are used)
- Easy to clean. Can be stored and used periodically. Just keep uncapped so it can dry thoroughly.
- Very durable stainless steel construction.
- Replaceable activated carbon capsule
- No shelf life. LifeStraw Steel can be stored indefinitely.
- Water Filtered Per LifeStraw: Hollow fiber membrane: 1,000 Liters (264 Gallons). Replaceable carbon capsule can filter 100 liters (26 gallons).
- Weight: 4.4 ounces (125 grams)
- Material: Food grade Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 9 inches long, 1 inch in diameter
- Key Feature: Removes bacteria and protozoa, while reducing chemicals, bad taste & odor.