M16 Carson EDC Tanto Blade
The blade is AUS 8CR15MoV high-carbon stainless steel with a bead-blast finish, which gives an ideal combination of toughness and edge-holding ability in a work knife, and also allows easy field-sharpening.
- Automated Liner Safety
- Triple Point Serrations
- Glass-Reinforced Nylon Handles
- Here is Kit Carson's M16 Every Day Carry (EDC) with our glass filled nylon InterFrame build. Our knife users told us, "We want an affordable work knife that we can give hard use without feeling guilty, and one that won't break us up if we leave it on a job site or drop it in the river."
- We heard you. So we set about to make the Z EDC the best value in the work and sport knife world.
- That starts with textured glass filled nylon scales and a dual stainless steel liner InterFrame. Assembled with glass filled nylon back spacers and Torx fasteners, the result is amazingly rigid. Glass filled nylon offers excellent toughness and resistance to solvents. Lubrous washers at the blade pivot and an adjustable pivot screw allow for perfect blade action.
- The blade is 8CR15MoV high-carbon stainless steel with a bead-blast finish, which gives an ideal combination of toughness and edge-holding ability in a work knife, and also allows easy field-sharpening.
- The M16-10Z features a dual hollow grind Tanto-style blade with Combined Razor-Sharp and Triple-Point Serrated edges similar to our "Big Dog" M16 models. The result is maximum blade strength and ability to saw through cord, webbing, nets or vegetation quickly.
- Of course, if features the Carson Flipper, which speeds opening of the blade and acts as a blade guard when the blade is open.
- This knife features automated liner safety. Automated liner safety is the locking liner safety innovation taken to the next level. The automated liner safety sets a pin between the locking liner and the frame. This pin acts as an additional layer of safety, so the locking liner is less likely to disengage during use.
- To close the knife, pull the red buttoned safety lever back, slide the locking liner over, and fold the blade into the closed position. Want one of the most secure safety systems on the market? The choice is automatic.
- Add to these features the standard removable stainless steel clothing/gear clip plus the CRKT limited lifetime warranty, and you have one of the truly great knife values of our time.
- Blade Length: 3" (76.2 mm)
- Blade Edge: Combination
- Blade Steel: 8Cr15MoV, 58-60 HRC
- Blade Finish: Bead Blast
- Blade Thickness: 0.08" (2.03 mm)
- Closed Length: 4" (101.6 mm)
- Weight: 2.3 oz
- Handle: Glass-Reinforced Nylon
- Style: Folding Knife w/Locking Liner
- Overall Length: 7.125" (180.98 mm)
We Also Recommend
Columbia River Knife And Tool
Foresight With Triple Point Serrations