Mountain Explorer Kit
The Explorer is perfectly tailored to families or smaller groups on week-long adventures. Ideally suited for extended camping or long stretches on the trail, it’s outfitted with an abundance of first aid supplies to remedy a variety of injuries and ailments, from cuts and sprains to allergies and dehydration. Comprehensive yet compact, the Explorer is equipped to keep you and your family, friends, or crew safe as you see what’s beyond the next switchback.
Features and Benefits
- A Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine by Eric A. Weiss, M.D
- Full of the most up-to-date information on wilderness and travel medicine, this indispensable book includes: "Weiss Advice" on improvised techniques; "When to Worry" tips; 97 illustrations; recommended prescription medications; and step-by-step guidelines for using the components of your kit.
- Easy Care First Aid® System
- First aid supplies are organized in injury-specific pockets to eliminate guesswork and ensure you use the right treatment quickly.
- Find it Fast
- Unique external kit map shows you where the supplies are located, while reflective mountain logo on front of bag makes it easy to spot in the dark when every moment counts.
- Semi-Transparent, Secure Pockets
- See-through pockets protect items from dirt and moisture while allowing for quick and easy access. Zippers prevent items from falling out when opening the kit or accessing it in a vertical environment.
- Trapezoidal Bag for Added Room
- Ingeniously designed in super-durable nylon with darting to provide extra space inside the kit for your own items.
- Supplies to Stop Bleeding Fast
- 5 x 9 Trauma pad and elastic bandage to control life-threatening bleeding.
- Pain and Illness Remedies
- Medication for allergic reactions, itches, pain and fever, inflammation, and diarrhea.
- Hospital-Quality Tools
- Professional tools, including EMT shears and precision forceps, and an easy to read thermometer ensure the most efficient and effective backcountry medical care.
- CPR Administration Shield
- A CPR face shield provides protection during mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
- Wound Care Supplies
- Use the 20 cc. irrigation syringe with a 16-gauge plastic tip to clean wounds, closure strips to close wound edges, and tincture of benzoin to increase the adhesiveness of strips and tape.
- Blister Management Tools
- 14 pre-cut and shaped moleskin pieces make it easy to treat hot spots and blisters and alcohol pads for removing the oils from skin for better adherence of tape and moleskin.
- Size: 8.5" x 4" x 6.5"
- Weight: 1.4 lbs
- Group Size: 1 - 4 People
- Trip Duration: 1 - 7 Days