Kalix Felling Axe
The Hults Bruk Kalix is a compact felling axe intended for bringing down or cutting up small to medium sized trees. This item has an axe head weight of 2.25 lbs and a handle length of 28 inches. The head is the product of blasted and clear-lacquered ironwork and the curved shaft is made of US-sourced hickory. That handle is treated with linseed oil.
- This axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual. Hults Bruk American Felling Axe by Dave Canterbury is an American-style, straight-handled axe. A reliable Montreal pattern axe head, which is useful for more than just felling. The pattern features wide cheeks for splitting and a long, razor sharp bit for felling, bucking and processing wood.
- Overall Weight: 5 lbs.
- Head Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Handle Length: 32"
- Head: Solid Swedish steel
- Handle: Solid American Hickory