Specifically designed for younger hikers, the highly adjustable Ace 38 is sized for an overnight excursion into the wilderness. It has the same suspension and many of the same features as Ospreys adult packs.
When it's time to take your child on their first overnight backpacking trip, make sure they have Osprey's Ace 38.
Although designed for youth, this pack has the same award-winning LightWire suspension as Ospreys adult models. The mesh back panel and shoulder harness and mesh hip belt ensure all-day comfort.
The lid of this top-loading pack is fixed to keep weight to a minimum. There are two zippered compartments in the top lid to keep sundries organized. Two additional mesh side pockets and a front mesh pocket add more quick storage options. A separate sleeping bag compartment at the bottom of the main compartment provides security and compression for this bulky but critical item. Upper and lower side straps and a sewn daisy chain make this pack a truly trail worthy companion. And with the torso length adjustable up to 5, this pack will last your child for many years of outdoors adventure.
- TOP POCKET: Single compartment top pocket with underlid zippered mesh pocket delivers internal gear storage options and easy access to often needed items
- TOP LOAD ACCESS: Top load access through a drawstring closure to main compartment storage, internal load compression strap and sewn-in hydration sleeve / hanger provides easy loading and unloading of contents
- UPPER COMPRESSION: Dual side, adjustable upper compression straps compress and stabilize loads while providing external gear carrying options
- DAISY CHAIN: Dual side daisy chain attachment provides additional external gear attachment options
- INTEGRATED RAINCOVER: An integrated, removable raincover deploys from the zippered bottom compartment to provide full weather protection
- SLEEPING PAD STRAPS: Dual adjustable/removable sleeping pad straps allow additional external gear carrying options and can be removed for weight savings
- STRETCH MESH FRONT POCKET: An adjustable stretch mesh front panel pocket provides additional external storage and organizational options
- SIDE POCKETS WITH INSIDEOUT COMPRESSION: Dual stretch mesh side pockets with InsideOutâ„¢ compression provide additional external carry options and allow the user to compress and secure loads even when the side pockets are in use
- TORSO ADJUSTMENT: This pack offers the maximum in torso adjustment so the pack can grow with the user. The upper back panel and harness adjust up to 5" (13cm) along the peripheral LightWire frame for optimum load transfer and a fine-tuned fit.
- INTEGRATED RAINCOVER: An integrated and removable raincover protects your gear from foul weather. It stows away in its own external pocket at the bottom of the pack.
- Top load access to main compartment is simple and easy
- Zippered under-lid pocket for sundries
- Upper side-release buckle compression straps to quickly adjust the load
- Daisy chain for additional gear
- Lower InsideOut side compression straps add stability
- Dual stretch mesh side pockets for easy access to snacks or water bottles
- Lower zippered sleeping bag compartment with divider keeps bag compressed and secure
- Large stretch mesh front pocket for quick storage
- Sleeping pad straps save space inside pack
- Integrated rain cover keeps gear dry
- Zippered top lid pocket keeps small items handy
- Internal reservoir sleeve for hydration
- Fixed top lid keeps it simple on the trail
- Spacermesh hip belt for all-day comfort
- LIGHTWIRE FRAME/HDPE FRAMESHEET SUSPENSION: LightWire frame and 1.2mm HDPE frame sheet
- AIRSCAPE BACKPANEL: Mesh covered ridged foam
- SPACERMESH HARNESS: Adjustable seamless spacer mesh harness
- SPACERMESH HIPBELT: Fit-on-the-fly adjustable hipbelt (75l / 50l) | Fixed spacermesh hipbelt (38l)
- VOLUME: 2319 IN3 / 38 L
- DIMENSIONS: 23H X 12W X 11D IN.
- WEIGHT: 2.4 LBS.
- FABRIC MAIN: 210D Nylon Double Diamond Ripstop
- FABRIC ACCENT: 420HD Nylon Packcloth
- FABRIC BOTTOM: 420HD Nylon Packcloth